We ( Hubby and I ) are visiting Palm Desert, CA to get away from the cool Canadian air . We both have signed up to participate on Feb 10 with http://www.active.com/running/palm-springs-ca/15th-annual-palm-spri... we will do the 5 k ...any one visiting the area at this time we can get to meet up with ??

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

only 20 more sleeps till Feb 10 :)

I'm a long way from Palm Desert, Nel (and you wouldn't get away from the cool air in my neighborhood; my road has been a vertical skating rink for a month now!). But I still hope you have a lovely time and a great run. You might also want to post this in the Southern California group to see if there is anyone in that area.

Great idea Zoe ...thank you :) I have an app't shortly , became a member and will add posting later today .

Done Zoe , as per your suggestion !! PWD helping PWD .Thank You .
Stay warm in your " neck of the woods " !!

Thanks, Nel, you too! I hope you get to meet some PWD's in California!

That would be fun :)

Unfortunately NO TuD.org meets in Palm Desert and area . But did meet prior to the start of the walk/run a California Mom with 2 children who asked about our Team Diabetes shirts .I explained , that Team Diabetes is CDA sponsored fund raiser ( not JDRF ) .She was diagnosed at age 11 , living with d 20 years. With her first pregnancy she required 10 shots of insulin daily !!!! She started her second pregnancy off on an insulin pump( same brand :) ) and admittedly she soon became a very happy pumper and has not looked back ...both children are very healthy ! She ran much faster than Hubby and I , did not meet up again :( ...I required 7 Dex4 pills for an under 1 hour walk and suspended pump for a bit , even after a relatively good hotel breakfast with our brought from home instant cut steel oats ...it sure proved once again :" exercise requires less insulin " To top it off : a Canadian from BC ( Williams Lake ) was the first one to cross the finish line of the 1/2 marathon in 1 hour 16 min and ?? secs :)

It was a cool morning for the Palm's area ..early sixties F by the time we were finished .We had breakfast in Palm Springs at Ruby's and the sun was out and it was a very pleasant day .This day a total of 4 meals , ha, ha .

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service