2013!

What is your number one health goal for 2013?

Tags: goal, health, new, priorities, priority, resolution, steps, targets, years

Views: 237

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chin-ups!

after 15 years I think its about time I get an insulin pump

and if I could get my benchpress back to 185 (where it was before i tore my bicep and broke my collarbone) that would be cool too

I like to have non-diabetes health goals, like doing chin-ups when I'm 45, so the diabetes stuff is marginalized, kicked to the curb and suborned to something sexier.

LOL! Love it!

To maintain, I'm pretty happy with where I'm ending 2013, Ok well maybe lose the 5 pounds I gaind over the holidays. Figuring out this pump thing is a good idea too.

I'm in a similar place to Gary. I don't believe in resolutions. I don't believe in "promising to be good" which often ends with "relapsing to being bad". Extremes don't work. I believe in finding the middle ground that you can live with.

So I too want to keep doing what I've been doing: I want to keep my blood sugar as stable as possible, with knowing that as a Type 1 it will sometimes go wonky on me and I'll have to tweak doses. Non-D related I have an arrhythmia that is currently stable but will get worse. I'm hoping to keep it from doing that at least until I have Medicare (12/13) and thus free hospitalization - hopefully longer.

The bane of my existence is always weight gain. Despite 18 years of recovery from my eating disorder, for which I am truly grateful, D makes it hard. I gain weight by looking at carbs. I achieved a small gradual weight loss by being pretty strict with carbs. Just a little bit of increase, a long way from abuse and I start gaining weight again. Hopefully I can maintain and continue to lose or at least stay stable.

I don't believe in resolutions because I don't believe in swinging from extreme deprivation (or what feels like it) to indulgence. I believe in finding a happy middle I can be...well...happy with. That works.

My health goals for 2013 are that happy medium.

Ah, the future, a fresh slate! Anything's possible...but let's be reasonable. I've had a particularly good run in '12 BG wise. After my misadventure with the Omnipod this year, things have settled down and I've found some good alternate infusion set/sites.

One of my biggest meta-observations this year is that when I download/upload my pump/meter/CGM data, I just naturally start to adjust my behavior to influence the numbers.

My goal this year is to chart the first week of every month and make adjustments as needed. (I could use some chin-ups, too!)

Oh to lose that bit of weight I put on over the last year. I am like Zoe, I only have to look at a carb and I put on 1kg straight away.

To be completely honest with my doctors.

To remain constant. I am tired of flucuation and change.

My number #1 goal is to be more disciplined & more focused regarding diabetes & the other health issues that I deal with, and have been interfering with everyday life. I want to try and be stronger so that I'm more in control of the issues, instead of the issues controlling me. Even if that means making one better choice each day.

I want to get my A1C low enough to get the OK from my doctor to have a baby

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service